Written by Vince A. Figueroa, EAHS Foundation Board President
Happy Holidays! As President of the Elsie Allen High School Foundation, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your amazing support and wish you a very Happy Holiday season. As we wrap up our 7th year of serving our amazing young Lobos and community, I wanted to express my deepest gratitude and love to:
- Our teachers, counselors and Elsie Allen High School leadership for their unequivocal commitment to our youth’s education and health;
- Our Foundation’s Board and Community Members for continuing to prioritize equity and find creative ways to continue to support our youth and community;
- Our generous and amazing donors who continue to invest in our mission and give us a chance to inspire our students to move what feels impossible to ‘I am Possible’;
- Our alumni and our community members who are helping us inspire, guide and empower our youth to achieve their goals.
Given the challenges we faced in 2020 — a global pandemic, two fires, public safety power shutoffs, civil unrest, chaotic elections — I can honestly say that I am extremely proud of what we have been able to do together. I’d like to highlight some of our 2020 successes that you have helped us accomplish:
- Provided scholarships to 40 graduating seniors, 19 alumni students, and 4-teacher grants totaling over $70,000 of investment in our youth and teachers.
- Increased our Endowment Fund by $75,000 — we are now at $725,000.
- In partnership with Santa Rosa Sunrise Rotary supported 6 EAHS families who were impacted by COVID-19.
- Raised $206,240 at our 5th Annual Virtual Fiesta — more than we ever imagined.
- Executed a successful 3-year strategic plan resulting in a new and improved:
- Mission: Rooted in equity, we collaborate with our community to provide enriching opportunities that inspire, guide, and empower students to achieve their goals.
- Vision: With community, our students move what feels impossible to ‘I am Possible’.
- Core Values: Equity, Dream, Achieve, Opportunity, Community.
- Developed a resource page for students, alumni and teachers.
- Solicited and received 40 Career Day Videos for our Virtual Career Fair in January.
None of these successes would be possible if it were not for our incredibly generous Lobo Nation who donate their time, talents and treasurers. As a purpose driven organization, we’re already identifying ways that we can make a positive impact in our community in 2021. We are optimistic about the future and we absolutely cannot do this without you.
Happy Holidays and we wish you an even better 2021!